Our Adventure Programme provides children with ample time to explore the great outdoors, embracing thrilling challenges and broadening their appreciation for the natural world.
Our Infant Adventure Programme is the highlight of the children's week.
Clifton High School's close links with the Mendip Activity Centre, Belmont Estate and Farmlink provide a well-curated, bespoke outdoor education experience, tailored to enrich the learning journey of every child in our Infant School. These include:
- Visits to the Mendip Activity Centre, where children try introductory outdoor pursuits sessions like canoeing, climbing and bush crafts
- Set within our own woodland area, Forest School sessions are led by teachers who engage children in outdoor activities like nature studies, art, and creative writing.
- Beach School is where art, design, construction, science, and drama unite in this unique beach setting.
- Farm School exposes children to animal and crop farming.
- Trips to Belmont Estate, where children delve into educational programs centered around rewilding, sustainability, conservation and the wonders of nature.
Embracing sustainability as a core School principle is reinforced through our Adventure Programme as we aim to minimise transport, eliminate packaging and reduce paper waste, ensuring a responsible and impactful approach to learning. This manner of exploration instills respect, a responsibility and love for the natural world.